Rev. Regnerus will lead us in chapel on Wednesday, Oct. 6, at 11:30 AM. All are welcome to join us.
From the Counselor:
- The juniors are at NCC today for Career Day.
- Financial Aid night is tomorrow, October 5, in the school library after the volleyball game. Mr. Harlan Harmelink, Director of Financial Aid at Dordt University, will be presenting general financial information and details on the FAFSA application.
Last Monday night the Society unanimously approved the parking lot improvements proposal. We thank everyone for coming out for the meeting and showing good support.
Construction of the additional parking is scheduled to begin this week. The north 40’ of both the east and west lots are reserved for construction equipment. This may encumber us a bit for the home volleyball games on Tuesday and Thursday, but this short-term inconvenience will pay us back with long-term benefits. If matters go as planned, we’ll see concrete by the end of this week!
Families, you can download the free JMC app on your phone or tablet. You will use the same username and password as in the desktop version. If you are unsure of your access information, please email the office.
Trinity is implementing a weather/emergency alert system through JMC. The system will send an email to parents and a text to ‘Cell 1’ and ‘Cell 2’ numbers listed in your JMC contact information when we have weather-related announcements or any emergency information. Further, student cell phone numbers can be added by the office so long as parents give the school permission to add their student(s). Watch for an email later this week that will tell an exact time and date for when we will do a practice run of this new system and how to add your student’s cell.
Trinity received a congratulatory letter from the executive director of the Iowa High School Athletic Association. What are we being congratulated for? For being part of the 49% of the Iowa high school who had zero players, coaches, or fans ejected during the 2020-2021 season.
Fun Friday—Pizza Ranch
From the AD:
We will be recognizing our Senior Fall (Volleyball and Cross Country) Athletes this Tuesday, Oct 5, prior to the Varsity games.
Monday: Oct 4, 2021
- 9th Grade Volleyball Tournament at George-Little Rock beginning at 4:00. Team will be leaving school at 3:05.
Tuesday: Oct 5, 2021
- Senior Night for Volleyball and Cross Country
- Volleyball matchups against South O’Brien beginning at 5:00. Gate workers are at 4:45 Veryl or Kandace Heynen, Scott or Michelle Hoekstra, and John or Jeanine Huizenga. Workers beginning at 6:15 are Mark or LaBeth Hoekstra, Craig or Heather Hoksbergen, and Grant or Kalie Klein.
Thursday: Oct 7, 2021
- Volleyball matchups against Remsen St. Mary’s beginning at 5:00. Gate workers are at 4:45 Kimmy or Cheryl Kooiker, Mark or Nancy Kooima and Paul or Erin DeJong. Workers beginning at 6:15 are Glen or Krista Kooima, Rev. or Margaret Laning, and Brent or Audrey Meyer.
- Cross Country running at Otter Valley. Team will be riding the bus. Junior High races begin at 4:30, JV and Varsity girls begin at 5:00, and JV/V Boys at 5:30.
***Gate workers for home games have been assigned. Here is the link with the assignments. https://docs.google.com/document/d/13o6vUODGQH-TVUW8ZI2sd_c_hW3t50JF03u9BzCrCcE/edit?usp=sharing
Saturday, Oct. 9:
- Varsity Volleyball tournament at Harris-Lake Park beginning at 9:00 am.
Monday, Oct 11:
- Cross Country Conference meet at Dordt University grounds.
From time to time, the athletic director will send out emails about changes or events happening in the athletics. If you wish to have your name added to this email list, please email email@example.com to have your email address added.