We had a good start to our school year last week. We pray for the Lord’s continued blessing as we proceed day-by-day.
This is the last week for schedule changes.
The 2016 – 2017 yearbooks have arrived. They can be purchased in the school office for $25.00.
The Freshmen and Sophomore Mixer will be on Friday, September 8, at River’s Bend Campground in Rock Valley. The students will leave school after 6th period and will be finished at 9:00 P.M. More information will be sent home later this week.
We have a good list of pianists for morning devotions, but we will gladly take more. Talk to your musical son or daughter about this. We will cheerfully give players the number they will be playing ahead of time.
There are still a few forms that we need from some families. These are mainly technology and transportation forms.
Please contact the school office if your son or daughter will be absent from school. Text, email, phone call, handwritten note. . . . they all work fine. We like to stay current on where students are at during school hours.
Please have all announcements for the school memo in to the school office as soon as possible on Monday mornings. The memo will go online at 10:00 AM.
The Trinity Christian High School juniors and seniors would like to invite you to Trinity Christian High School this Labor Day for a pancake breakfast! The students will provide the labor; you just have to bring an empty stomach! All donations will go to the junior and senior classes. See you there!
From the Athletic Director:
- Reminder that any student who participates in athletics MUST HAVE BOTH A SPORTS PHYSICAL & SIGNED CONCUSSION FORM prior to the first practice of a sport. Please make sure your son or daughter is up to date with this. These are both valid for one calendar year so if a physical was gotten May 1, 2017 for example, that individual is covered until May 1 of 2018.
- Mr VE is looking for individuals who are willing to take admissions at home volleyball games. The dates for these are: Sept. 7, Sept. 12, Oct. 3, Oct. 5. You would need to be there at 5:00 and sit until 7:30ish. Please let me know if you are willing to help with this.
- Season passes will again be available to purchase. However this will be different from the past. I will no longer be selling seasonal passes, but rather just a school year pass which when purchased will admit you into all home Trinity sporting events for the entire school year. The prices for those passes are: students – $35 (K-college), adults – $75 (post high), family – $175. To be eligible to purchase a student pass, the individual must be a student at some level. Individual sport passes can be purchased as well. So if a person or family only intends to go to volleyball games, a volleyball pass only can be purchased. Please contact me if you wish to purchase a specific sport pass. All of the above metioned passes can be purchased at any home game or by stopping in the athletic office during the school day. This information can also be found on our school’s website and will be published on the school memo for the first few weeks of the school year.
- There always seems to be some confusion sometimes with schedules of games that get published. Coaches hand out schedules to their players at the beginning of seasons and parents hang them up in their homes. Schedules get placed on the school’s website at the beginning of the season. The confusion comes in when changes are made to the master schedules for whatever reasons and conflicts that may arise. A bit of advice here. The best place to go for our most up to date schedules is the War Eagle Conference Website. This site is the site where I produce and maintain our schedules. So as changes occur, this is where you will find them. Those schedules you son/daughter came home with don’t have those changes on them. The school website unfortunately doesn’t always get the changes made to them. So bookmark this site and use it as your best source for accessing our sports schedules. The address is: http://www.wareagleconference.org/g5-bin/client.cgi?G5genie=94. Click on Trinity on the right, then click on view schedules. Then select the schedule you would like to view and select view.
- If you would like to receive emails concerning athletic announcements and are currently not on the email list, please email Mr. Van Engen and he will add you to the list. It is a good way to stay up to date on athletic happenings and news. His email address is: email@example.com.
- There have been a couple of changes to the volleyball schedule. The changes are:
- The Sept. 26 date has been moved to Sept. 28
- The Oct. 3 date with West Sioux has been moved to Oct. 2 All times and locations remain the same.
Trinity Robotics Announcements:
- Trinity’s Robotics team (BZbots) will have an organizational meeting September 2 at 10:00 a.m. All students interested in robotics are asked to attend or contact Mr. Westra if you are unable to attend.
- Trinity’s Robotics team (BZbots) will be hosting a Season Kick-off event for area teams. This event will include small sectionals for teams to teach each other about the Robotics program. If you are interested in how a season of robotics unfolds and what all goes into a robotics team, come and join us on September 9 from 8:30 a.m. to noon. There will be some general sectionals to outline the robotics program for parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, and anyone else who is interested. If you plan on attending you can sign up at https://goo.gl/forms/lqoy2aSKU6H2z6yl2 , or just show up. If you have any questions contact Mr. Westra firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance Notice: There will be a Financial Aid information meeting for juniors, seniors, and their parents the evening of October 5 at Trinity. It will be after the volleyball game and last about one hour.
Fun First Friday–SUBWAY