Rev. Hanko will lead us in chapel on Wednesday, April 13, at 11:30 a.m. All are welcome to join us.
Drive Your Tractor to School Day is scheduled for this Friday, April 15. Look for the sign-up sheet!
There will be a 2:30 dismissal on Thursday, April 14.
This past Saturday four musicians represented Trinity at LeMars Gehlen at the IHSMA Solo/Ensemble Festival. Brooke Meyer and Marissa Westra both received 1’s, and Jacob Kuiper and Jocelyn Mooy received 2’s. Besides receiving a 1 rating, both Brooke Meyer’s performance on Clarinet and Marissa’s on piano also received an Outstanding Performance award. This allows them to perform this piece again at ISU on May 17. Congratulations musicians!
Mark your calendars for the Protestant Reformed High School Choir concert to be held on Thursday, April 21, at the Centerpointe (f.k.a. 1st) Reformed Church in Sioux Center, (Corner of Main St and 9th St SE) beginning at 7 p.m. This will involve ALL choir members from Trinity, Freshmen through Seniors.
- The choir members, Freshmen through Seniors, will be asked to provide some refreshments for our Thursday night festivities at Trinity for all the visiting students and our own students after the choir concert on April 21. Be on the lookout for an email later this week with what we would like your family to provide.
Advance notice: Our Fun Friday for May will take place on a Thursday this time. Also, it won’t be in May. On Thursday, April 28, we will have Vero’s Mexican Bites food truck come to Trinity! You may join us! Vero’s will be here from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Come enjoy lunch with us.
Trinity’s Band and HPRCS Jr High Band will give a combined program on Friday, May 13.
At the Parent’s circle meeting held March 30, 2022, the following men were elected to the Parents Circle Executive Committee: Vice President – Mike De Jager, Vice Treasurer – Dave Van Egdom, Vice Secretary – Jeremy Driesen. These men join the current Executive Committee members: President – Keith Zevenbergen, Treasurer – Brent Meyer, Secretary – Jason Westra. At the meeting purchases were approved and the Parents Circle welcomed six new couples as members. Members were given opportunity to sign up for new committees, and we currently have 15 of 29 positions filled. A link to the signup sheet can be found on the Documents page of Trinity’s web site, or can be access through this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Itxqg8bFTDv_In3rnjztUSoRuN_AjBlDqMU3SHbUIIo/edit#gid=0 . Please consider joining a committee to help support Trinity Christian High School as we serve our Heavenly Father.
Hot Lunch: Taco Casserole, Bread, Ice Cream
Next Week: Stromboli, Fruit & Dip, Ice Cream & Toppings
From the AD:
We are looking forward to a busy couple of weeks in the golf and track seasons. For most away events we will be using buses to transport the athletes. However, there are 3 track meets that will need parents to volunteer to drive the teams to the meet. These dates are Friday, April 22 to HMS (Mrs. Kuiper will be at the Dordt Choir Festival with Junior and Senior choir members.) and Friday April 29 to Marcus. Please let Mrs. Kuiper know if you are able to drive to these meets. Your help is appreciated.
Monday, April 11 activities:
- The golf meet scheduled for today at Akron-Westfield has been cancelled. This meet will not be rescheduled.
- Track meet at Kingsley-Pierson High School. Students will be leaving school at 2:50. Field events begin at 4:30 and running events at 4:45. Spectators are asked to park by the school. The track is located by the swimming pool in Kingsley.
Tuesday, April 12 activities:
- Golf @ Lake Park beginning at 4:30. Students will be leaving school at 3:00.
- Track meet at Sibley-Ocheydan. Students will leave school at 3:00. Field events begin at 4:30 and running at 5:00.