We are entering are third full week of covenantal, instruction. We express thanksgiving to our heavenly Father for a profitable start to our year!
No dinner pails are needed for Tuesday, Sept. 11! We will be eating our way through a plethora of frozen pizzas that were donated to the school.
We will have a 2:30 Dismissal on Thursday, Sept. 13.
Junior and senior students and parents, mark your calendars for a college financial aid planning night on Tuesday, September 25. It will be in the library and will start after the conclusion of the volleyball game. Mr. Harmelink from Dordt College will be the presenter.
Wednesday, September 26, is Picture Day for freshmen through juniors. Order forms will be sent home with the students this week.
College representatives are making their rounds. Dordt was here to visit with seniors on Sept. 5. Trinity Christian College plans to come Sept. 18, Northwestern on Sept. 19, Calvin on Sept. 20, and NWIA Community College on Sept. 24.
The 2017 – 2018 Yearbooks are in! If you have preordered a copy, please bring payment ($25/bk) to the school office soon to receive your book. We have 25 pre-ordered books still to be picked up before we open the sale up to everyone.
Our campus is getting even more secure! A locksmith is currently installing locking mechanisms on our inside set of east doors. Once everything is in place, all friendly, school-time visitors will get ‘buzzed’ into the building. We will keep you posted as the project continues.
Trinity is urgently looking to fill the athletic director position. Please contact Mr. Regnerus or any school board member if you have interest in the position.
From the Athletic department:
• Our cross country team has only had one outing yet this season, but it was a favorable one. Our energetic squad placed 5th at the Okoboji Invite. The Sibley-Ocheydan meet was cancelled due to torrential rains. The team runs at the West Lyon Invite today—4:30 start time at Lake Pahoja. No county park passes needed to enter.
• Our varsity volleyball team picked up their first win of the season by defeating Rock Valley at Saturday’s Central Lyon Tournament. The girls travel to Hartley to take on H-M-S this Thursday. They play in the West Sioux tournament this coming Saturday.
• We could use more volunteers to help at home ball games. Line judges, scorer’s table, admissions, etc. Contact the school office to get on the list.
• We are looking for several coaches. Contact Mr. Regnerus if you are interested in:
o JV Boys Basketball
o JV Girls Basketball
o JV & V Baseball
• We will soon be working on memory mates and buttons for cross country and volleyball. Cost is $5 for a memory mate and $3 for a button. Contact Candice Andringa at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (712)539-1501 to order by Friday, September 14.