This past Saturday Sierra Meyer, Aubrey Van Briesen, and Caitlin Van Engen auditioned in Storm Lake for Iowa All-State Band, Chorus and Orchestra. They each represented Trinity very well. Congratulations to Sierra on Alto Sax for being selected to the All State Band and to Caitlin Van Engen on Violin for being selected to the All State Orchestra. They will be practicing with other musicians from all of Iowa in Ames November 15-17.
Robotics apparel is available on the Get Branded website—the ordering will close on October 23.
From the Apparel Committee: As tradition goes we have State Cross Country shirts available for order. Please send your order with sizes and quantities to Audrey Meyer email@example.com or text 712-441-3466 or sign the sheet at Trinity HS Monday morning. DEADLINE to order is Monday noon. Sorry no late orders accepted! Cost is $15, add $3 for 2x & 3X. Payment due at pick-up. If writing a check make payable to Trinity Christian High School Apparel. T-shirts are expected to arrive by Thursday or Friday morning in time for our STATE meet Sat., Oct. 27.
There will be a 2:30 Dismissal on Thursday, Oct. 25.
Friday will be a busy day:
• Report cards will be emailed out before 11:00 AM.
• Prof. Kuiper will give a presentation to the students about the Protestant Reformed Seminary at 11:30 AM. All are welcome to join us.
• The American State Bank is grilling for us for our noon meal. As Trinity does not have football “tailgate”, the bank wanted to do something for our students. We appreciate their thoughtfulness. We are looking for a few ladies who would be willing to help coordinate the meal. The bank provides most of the food and does the cooking, but we could use your touch to make the event complete. Contact the office today or tomorrow to volunteer.
• There will be a brief send-off for our cross country boys at the end of the school day.
The advanced biology class is looking for a canoe or small, flat bottom boat to use on Thursday for a field trip. If you have one we could use, please call Mr. Van Engen at 449-8008 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The teachers enjoyed safety in travel and edification in their time together attending the teachers’ convention in MI last week. Rev. Haak gave a powerful keynote address, speaking from Ephesians 5:15 & 16 on “Walking Circumspectly.” The speech was a two-pointer, and it would be a safe assumption that those two points, Wise up! and Wake up! will leave a lasting impression on teachers. Hopefully it can be published in the Perspectives magazine at some point. There were many profitable sectionals for teachers, and the food was tremendous. Group singing and devotions were again a highlight.
The next teachers’ convention is scheduled for October 17 & 18, 2019. Trinity will be the host school. Also involved will be the area Protestant Reformed grade schools.
Our Protestant Reformed schools need teachers! In addressing this, the Federation of Protestant Reformed Schools created a video promoting the calling. Check out, “Why Teach” on Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtFqu-WWMyo.
The Parents Circle fall auction is less than two weeks away—Friday, November 2! The Fall Auction Supper Committee would like to invite you to join us for a meal and fellowship before the auction. The meal will be served from 5:30 until 7:00 p.m. Parents, please check the emailed work list—feel free to switch with someone or find your own replacement.
From the Athletic department:
• Our girls volleyball saw their season end last Tuesday in Marcus. Congratulations on a fine season, girls! At the War Eagle Conference meeting this past weekend, Alyssa Uittenbogaard received a 2nd team All-conference selection and Caitlin Van Engen received an Honorable Mention selection. Congratulations to them for their accomplishments this season.
• Our boys cross country team season got extended by qualifying for the state meet. The meet is Saturday, October 27, in Fort Dodge. Our boys run at 2:30 PM. Congratulations, boys! There will be a sign-up sheet for a bus if students want to ride along with the team. All state meet information will be online at both the IHSAA and IGHSAU websites. Please pay particular attention to the new parking information posted online: http://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-State-Cross-Country-Parking-Information.pdf. The IHSAA has been sending dire warnings about the lack of parking because of the recent heavy rains. Only team buses will be allowed to park by the course! Everyone else must park in the town of Ft. Dodge ($10) fee and ride the shuttle out to the course.
• We are looking for several coaches. Contact Mr. Regnerus if you are interested in:
o JV & V Baseball