The beginning of the 10th year of covenantal secondary instruction at Trinity Christian High School is scheduled for Wednesday, August 23. Everyone is invited to join us for convocation exercises at 11:30 am. Rev. Laning will speak from our theme verse of Ephesians 2:8. School will dismiss for the day immediately after convocation.
Students are reminded that freshmen through juniors will use the west parking lot with staff, seniors, and visitors using the east parking lot. Student in athletics who have before-school practices should not use the staff parking area.
We are still waiting on forms from a few families yet. Those are technology, new student, transportation, immunization, etc. forms. The health department is saying every senior must have the meningitis shot or booster before they come to school.
The Trinity Christian High School juniors and seniors would like to invite you to Trinity Christian High School this Labor Day for a pancake breakfast! The students will provide the labor; you just have to bring an empty stomach! All donations will go to the junior and senior classes. See you there!
From the Athletic Director:
- We are still desperately looking for a JV volleyball coach. Anyone that is even remotely interested, please contact me soon. We (coach Mooy and myself) are willing to compromise with work schedules, coaching license, other conflicts in order to have someone in place to at least help out to some degree. Even if this is done by several individuals to make it work.
- Coach Mooy is looking for a responsible person who is willing to keep team stats at all varsity volleyball games. Please contact Coach Mooy or myself if you are willing to help out with this.
- Reminder that any student who participates in athletics MUST HAVE BOTH A SPORTS PHYSICAL & SIGNED CONCUSSION FORM prior to the first practice of a sport. Please make sure your son or daughter is up to date with this. These are both valid for one calendar year so if a physical was gotten May 1, 2017 for example, that individual is covered until May 1 of 2018.
- Mr VE is looking for individuals who are willing to take admissions at home volleyball games. The dates for these are: Sept. 7, Sept. 12, Oct. 3, Oct. 5. You would need to be there at 5:00 and sit until 7:30ish. Please let me know if you are willing to help with this.
- Season passes will again be available to purchase. However this will be different from the past. I will no longer be selling seasonal passes, but rather just a school year pass which when purchased will admit you into all home Trinity sporting events for the entire school year. The prices for those passes are: students – $35 (K-college), adults – $75 (post high), family – $175. To be eligible to purchase a student pass, the individual must be a student at some level. Individual sport passes can be purchased as well. So if a person or family only intends to go to volleyball games, a volleyball pass only can be purchased. Please contact me if you wish to purchase a specific sport pass. All of the above mentioned passes can be purchased at any home game or by stopping in the athletic office during the school day. This information can also be found on our school’s website and will be published on the school memo for the first few weeks of the school year.
- There always seems to be some confusion sometimes with schedules of games that get published. Coaches hand out schedules to their players at the beginning of seasons and parents hang them up in their homes. Schedules get placed on the school’s website at the beginning of the season. The confusion comes in when changes are made to the master schedules for whatever reasons and conflicts that may arise. A bit of advice here. The best place to go for our most up to date schedules is the War Eagle Conference Website. This site is the site where I produce and maintain our schedules. So as changes occur, this is where you will find them. Those schedules you son/daughter came home with don’t have those changes on them. The school website unfortunately doesn’t always get the changes made to them. So bookmark this site and use it as your best source for accessing our sports schedules. The address is: http://www.wareagleconference.org/g5-bin/client.cgi?G5genie=94. Click on Trinity on the right, then click on view schedules. Then select the schedule you would like to view and select view