Trinity Memo 9.20.21
There will be 2:30 dismissal on Thursday, Sept. 23.
Student Council Announcements:
- Volleyball fans—Tuesday’s game will be a Neon Out; Thursday’s game a White Out.
- Friday, we will be having a “tailgate” type meal at noon, thanks to American State Bank of Hull. They will be grilling hamburgers and providing other foods and drink for the students and staff. We are looking for 2 moms to help serve during tailgate meal from approximately 11:30 – 12:30. The students will be involved in various games and activities during the day sponsored by our Student Council. If you can help serve or have yard games like corn hole, can jam, bocce ball, or any outdoor games and are willing to let us borrow them for the day, please contact Mr. Van Engen by Thursday. You can text or call him at 712-449-8008 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. The student council will also be running an outdoor volleyball tournament so if you have an outdoor volleyball net and poles that we could borrow for the day, please contact Mr. Van Engen about that as well.
From the Counselor:
- College representatives from Southeast Technical Institute in Sioux Falls and Northwestern College in Orange City will visit with interested seniors this week.
Trinity Memo 9.13.21
From the Counselor:
- Seniors, this Friday, September 17, is the registration deadline for the October 23 ACT test.
- Juniors will participate in Junior Career Day, hosted by NCC, on Monday, October 4, during the school day.
- Financial Aid Night is scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, October 5 this year. Mark your calendars to attend if you are new to filling out the FAFSA form or would like a refresher. More details will follow.
Our choir director is looking for help doing some small hand-sewing repairs on the stoles that go over the choir robes. Contact Laura Kuiper if you are able to help out with this.
Printed copies of our school directory are available in the office. Continue reading
Trinity Memo 9_7_21
There will be a 2:30 dismissal on Thursday.
A huge thank you to everyone for their support at the Labor Day pancake breakfast. We enjoyed the Christian fellowship shared on such a beautiful day. The juniors and seniors profited $2500 in donations. Pans from donated items are ready for pick up on a table in the lobby area.
Parents, if you are able, please take the time to fill out the counseling needs assessment that was sent last week via email. Your thoughts and time are very much appreciated.
Our choir director is looking for help doing some small hand-sewing repairs on the stoles that go over the choir robes. Contact Laura Kuiper if you are able to help out with this. Continue reading
Trinity Memo 8.30.21
Rev. Hanko will lead us in chapel this week Wednesday at 11:30 AM. All are welcome to join us.
This is the final week for schedule changes. Remember that parental permission is required for the change. Change slips are in the office.
Trinity has received a congratulatory letter from the athletic association commending us for zero player, coach, or fan ejections during the 2021-2021 sporting seasons.
If you would still like to order a 20-21 yearbook, there are extras available to purchase. Cost is $30.
Please make plans to attend the Labor Day pancake breakfast hosted by the juniors and seniors. Serving will be 7:30 to 9:30. Juniors and seniors have all signed up for their work shifts, but we are still looking for parent volunteers to help out. May we glorify God in our labors together. Continue reading
Trinity Memo 5.17.21
Tuesday is our final day of regular class. There are a few other notes concerning Tuesday: 1. We will be on schedule #4 to allow extra time for our annual grilling picnic. 2. There will be a student council activity at the end of the day.
The exam schedule is posted for Wednesday through Friday. The Spanish II exam is moved to period two on the schedule. Students are reminded that they can come to school in time for their first exam, and they may leave school after their last exam, but they may not come and go from the campus between exams.
Everyone is invited to Trinity’s 10th graduation next Monday at 7:00 PM. It will be in the gymnasium. Rev. Brummel will address the graduates on their text of Deuteronomy 31:8.
Graduate practice for seniors will be next Monday at 11:00 AM. We will be finished by noon. Junior choir members need to come at 11:30 AM to rehearse the choir number. Continue reading