Trinity Memo 9.20.21
There will be 2:30 dismissal on Thursday, Sept. 23.
Student Council Announcements:
- Volleyball fans—Tuesday’s game will be a Neon Out; Thursday’s game a White Out.
- Friday, we will be having a “tailgate” type meal at noon, thanks to American State Bank of Hull. They will be grilling hamburgers and providing other foods and drink for the students and staff. We are looking for 2 moms to help serve during tailgate meal from approximately 11:30 – 12:30. The students will be involved in various games and activities during the day sponsored by our Student Council. If you can help serve or have yard games like corn hole, can jam, bocce ball, or any outdoor games and are willing to let us borrow them for the day, please contact Mr. Van Engen by Thursday. You can text or call him at 712-449-8008 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. The student council will also be running an outdoor volleyball tournament so if you have an outdoor volleyball net and poles that we could borrow for the day, please contact Mr. Van Engen about that as well.
From the Counselor:
- College representatives from Southeast Technical Institute in Sioux Falls and Northwestern College in Orange City will visit with interested seniors this week.
Trinity Memo 9.13.21
From the Counselor:
- Seniors, this Friday, September 17, is the registration deadline for the October 23 ACT test.
- Juniors will participate in Junior Career Day, hosted by NCC, on Monday, October 4, during the school day.
- Financial Aid Night is scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, October 5 this year. Mark your calendars to attend if you are new to filling out the FAFSA form or would like a refresher. More details will follow.
Our choir director is looking for help doing some small hand-sewing repairs on the stoles that go over the choir robes. Contact Laura Kuiper if you are able to help out with this.
Printed copies of our school directory are available in the office. Continue reading
Trinity Memo 9_7_21
There will be a 2:30 dismissal on Thursday.
A huge thank you to everyone for their support at the Labor Day pancake breakfast. We enjoyed the Christian fellowship shared on such a beautiful day. The juniors and seniors profited $2500 in donations. Pans from donated items are ready for pick up on a table in the lobby area.
Parents, if you are able, please take the time to fill out the counseling needs assessment that was sent last week via email. Your thoughts and time are very much appreciated.
Our choir director is looking for help doing some small hand-sewing repairs on the stoles that go over the choir robes. Contact Laura Kuiper if you are able to help out with this. Continue reading
Trinity Memo 8.30.21
Rev. Hanko will lead us in chapel this week Wednesday at 11:30 AM. All are welcome to join us.
This is the final week for schedule changes. Remember that parental permission is required for the change. Change slips are in the office.
Trinity has received a congratulatory letter from the athletic association commending us for zero player, coach, or fan ejections during the 2021-2021 sporting seasons.
If you would still like to order a 20-21 yearbook, there are extras available to purchase. Cost is $30.
Please make plans to attend the Labor Day pancake breakfast hosted by the juniors and seniors. Serving will be 7:30 to 9:30. Juniors and seniors have all signed up for their work shifts, but we are still looking for parent volunteers to help out. May we glorify God in our labors together. Continue reading
Trinity Memo 8.23.21
Rev. Brummel will lead our convocation exercises today at 11:30 AM. All are welcome to join us.
School will dismiss at 2:30 PM today.
Students are reminded that the west parking lot is for freshmen through juniors, and the east parking lot is for seniors. This is based on the driver of the vehicle.
Students are reminded that they must sign in at the office if they are late arriving for school. They must also sign out and in anytime they leave and/or return to school other than for school sponsored activities.
Mr. Toby Boogerd has returned as coach of our robotics team! We thank Mr. Mike Laning for bridging the gap during the Covid hiatus of last year. Students interested in joining robotics this year should stop at the office for an information sheet.
Trinity fall apparel stores are now open until Tuesday evening, 8/24. GetBranded360.com or use these direct links:
Let’s together, as home and school, pray for and expect the Lord’s blessing.
Served at 11:45 AM; 12:05 on Chapel/Assembly Days) Please provide your own plates & napkins; silverware provided.
There are 79 students, 8 Faculty.
Nancy K/Heather H/Cheryl K
Danita M/Melissa D/Stephanie
Jill DB/Erin VV/Laura C
Krista K/Tonia W/Michelle H
From the AD:
The volleyball and cross country teams have been practicing since the beginning of August and look forward to their first competitions.
In Volleyball this week:
• Monday, August 23: JV Tournament at George-Little Rock. Their first game begins at 5.
• Thursday, August 26: Scrimmage at Trinity against Kingsley-Pierson beginning at 5 with Freshmen, 6 JV, and 7 Varsity. This is a scrimmage, so no score kept. Play is for practice. There will not be gate taken or a concession stand.
Cross Country will not have their first meet until next week Tuesday, August 31, at Rolling Hills.
***This year all parents of Trinity students will be assigned to help by taking gate. I will send out a schedule and then reminders. If a certain time doesn’t work for you, please switch with someone.
I will also be needing workers for different jobs for volleyball this year. I need line judges, score board runners, libero trackers and book takers. Let Mrs. Kuiper know if you are able to help with any of these jobs. I appreciate any help!